Oil Change Service
What is an oil change all about?
Engine oil is the lifeblood of the engine. The oil resides in the oil pan, which is under the car attached to the bottom of the engine. All internal (moving) parts of the engine need to be lubricated by the engine oil. Inadequate lubrication will cause the parts to wear out faster and eventually lead to engine failure. An oil filter keeps the oil clean and free of debris. If the filter is not replaced on a regular basis, it will get clogged and will not be able to pass oil into the engine.
- It is best to follow the maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer (you can view your schedule in the YourMechanic profile).
- We recommend oil and filter changes every 5,000 miles or four months.
- Synthetic oil (versus conventional) is cost effective. It lubricates better and you do not need to change the oil as often.
- If you notice fluid in your driveway, check your vehicle immediately.
- Do not drive your car with low oil. Otherwise, it can seriously damage the engine.